- Mistress Sassz'ine Mythic Down!
- Welcome to our new website! Brought to you by Athlios and Arkstorm, enjoy!
- Please visit your profile and fill the necessary "new" info.
- Forums are the greatest place to catch up with upcoming guild news and events.
- Inappropriate Comments or Language
We expect mature and responsible behavior in every aspect of the game, be it guild raids, LFR, PVP or Trade Chat. Insulting others, flame them or make hateful remarks is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Treat people with the respect they deserve. When someone asks you to stop using certain language you’re expected to do so. We can’t have a negative atmosphere in the guild because two players don’t get along. Either sort out the problems, learn to live with it or look for another guild.
- Spamming and Scamming
No one likes spam. Don’t do it. People will put you on ignore lists and it will reflect badly on the guild! This counts for macro’s, spamming trade channel and other spam. Obviously, the same counts for scamming. If we ever find out you’re intentionally scamming people we will show no mercy and you will be immediately be kicked from the guild. There is a zero tolerance policy regarding this behavior.
- Intentionally Picking Fights
If you’re a hothead and like to argue and have verbal fights then this is not the right guild for you. We don’t go looking for fights. We avoid them and we always seek to resolve issues in a mature way. Looking for fights is a sign of immaturity and we do not appreciate it.
- Racist Comments and Behavior
This shouldn’t need any explaining. If you are being racist or display racist behavior we will show you the exit fairly quickly. This ties in to the respect we expect from all our members towards others. If your remarks fall outside the bounds of humor you will be swiftly dealt with.
- Loot Fever
Understanding that the game revolves around rewards we expect a sober attitude towards loot and everything related to it. Especially in raids we expect players to use their heads when rolling or bidding on items. Take into account who else might need the item and even think about passing it so someone else can have it. Passing loot for others is highly appreciated!
As a guild that operates in an English server we expect players to use proper English sentences and language. While we all know what ‘u’ and ‘m8’ means, we appreciate people who aren’t too lazy to type full words and sentences. It makes what you’re trying to say easier to understand and conveys an idea of maturity and intelligence. While we realize not everyone is fluent in English we do expect people to make an effort in making themselves understood. Too much of “hai dewd HRU 2day” can quickly work on peoples nerves and can as quickly result in a warning from an officer to begin with. Most of us are far from being fluent in leet speak. Also there is zero tolerence in using languages other than English in guild chat, guild raids, guild dungeons and guild forums.
The Guild Vault
- Selling Stuff from the Guild Bank
The guild bank most of the times is willing to sell items to members at 50% of the current AH price. This is intended for upgrading/enhancing your own gear, professions, utility, etc. When you buy items from the guild bank you are NOT allowed to re-sell them on the Auction House. This rule is meant to help out people and give them some slack when leveling professions or gearing up for a raid. If we find out you’re selling items you bought from the guild you will get one warning. Any consecutive findings will result in a guild kick no questions asked.
Ranks and Responsibilities
The power to promote and demote resides mainly with the Guild Master and the General.
- Guild Leader
Leader of the guild. Has responsibility for everything that happens in our guild and has the privilege and responsibility to have the final word on every important decision and matter.
Second in command. Head of the officers’ team. Also has responsibility for everything that happens in our guild and has the privilege and responsibility to have the final word on every matter, in case of absence of the Guild Leader. In addition has the task of keeping the guild vault organised and tend to the needs of the guild bank.
Their responsibility is to:
a) Maintain the guild standards and keep the guild in shape
b) Be there at all times to help people with queries and questions, whether that is people in raider or social ranks.
c) Overall tend to the smooth run of the guild as a whole while tending to each individual’s needs as needs will arise
Besides other individual attributes the mandatory attendance for any officer for raids is 75%
Main responsibilities are:
a) Analysing logs and keep attendance and performance spreadsheets up to date, as and when needed.
b) Be in a position to act as advisors to raiders, to spot problems and be willing to spend time and effort to work with the raiders in order for such issues to be resolved. e.g. raiders failing specific fight mechanics, low survival rate etc.
When no Advisors are appointed or are not present the responsibility will fall down to officers to carry the above tasks.
Besides other individual attributes the mandatory attendance for any officer for raids is 75%
- Mythic Raider
Rank will be awarded to raiders that have shown an outstanding record of performance and attendance during raids. The main characteristic of a mythic raider would be the consistent effort to go above and beyond with their role as a raider.
The rank will be awarded after a Guild Master, General & Officers council and besides having the main responsibilities of a raider (see raider rank below) the criteria to achieve the rank are the following:
a) Outstanding Performance in all aspects of the raid: Tactics, Knowledge of class, Survivability, Adaptation and very good knowledge of upcoming progression fights.
b) Attendance at least 80%
c) Overall behaviour and attitude: Be helpful towards other raiders and willing to show new raiders “the ropes” especially when it comes to class specific knowledge.
d) To be able to execute tasks appointed by the guild leader and the raid leader promptly and without hesitation.
The perks of the rank are:
a) Priority in raid spots when it comes to progression fights
b) Priority on loot over social and trial ranks
c) Increased bank withdrawals than Raider rank
d) Daily repairs
The required attendance for this rank is 80%
No raider can be promoted to Mythic raider before the completion of two months since joining the guild.
Rank will be awarded to trialists who wish to raid and have passed successfully the 30 day trial period in our raids. They will have priority on loot over social members and trials.
In addition they have free guild repairs during raids and free consumables for raids.
Their responsibilities are:
a) To sign on our raid planners for raids at least one week before the relevant raid day.
b) Perform and be serious while raiding, especially on progress runs.
c) Be up to date and knowledgable regarding the bosses we are facing and all mechanics that might apply to their spec and role within the raid.
d) Maintain contact with their advisors or officers when they are facing issues that are related to attendance or related to performance. For example: upcoming holidays, exams, very busy period at work etc. when it comes to attendance. When it comes to performance, you are struggling with your rotation, a new patch has just come out and your class has been heavily nerfed, changed etc.
Talk to us, we can help!
The required attendance for this rank is 65%
This rank is reserved for long standing members that have contributed greatly to the guild in one way or another.
Whether that is generous donations to the guild bank in terms of materials or money to support the raiding team, helping with recruitment or any other contribution that benefits the overall guild status.
The perks of the rank are:
a) Access to the raiders tab
b) Daily repairs
c) On each new raid tier and once HC mode is on farm they can choose one character of their liking which will be boosted and geared up from the main team on HC mode as a thank you for their contributions.
After the initial trial, people that wish to attend the Social Rank will be welcomed as Socials and be granted the relevant rank and privileges.
Every new member regardless if they are aiming for a raider rank or social will start on this rank and stay on it for about 30 days.
Over this period the trial should be 100% punctual with all the guild rules. Failing to do so will result in termination of the trial period and a kick from the guild or a demote to the member rank.
If you have applied as a raider your performance and attendance will be monitored and you will have to perform and adhere to all the raider rules stated above in the Raiders Rank, in order to become a raider. If the trialist shows serious dedication and good performance, then he/she can be promoted earlier than the 30 days period. We may also decide to extend the trial period in cases we feel we need to see more, like when a raider did not participate enough raids during the normal trial period, or when his/her gear is not high enough to be able to keep up with our current progress and other similar circumstances.
Alt characters of Raiders and Social Members.
- Sign up on our raid planner at least 7 days in advance so raid selection can be done quick and efficient. Failure to do so repeatedly will result in demoting you back to trial rank. Also raiders who sign up early will be prioritized.
- Be online and ready for an invite for raid start, even if you have not been selected, this also applies to people being selected as backups for a certain night.
- Being late means you will be replaced.
- Being late repeatedly will result in demoting you back to trial rank or removal from the guild.
- Have Discord installed and being able to talk and to listen to your raid leader
We use Discord from https://discordapp.com/. If you can’t use Discord properly (talk and listen), then you won’t be able to participate to our raids. The application we use for our raiding communication may change with a different one like Teamspeak or Curse/Twitch. In that case, you will have to install the one we are going to use instead of Discord.
- While we are relaxed on Discord, excessive chatter or banter is not accepted during raids. If you fail to do so may result to your removal from the raid.
- Make sure push-to-talk is enabled. Refusal to do so may result to your removal from the raid.
- Parking your Discord client in our raiding channel while we’re raiding is not enough. You need to listen at all times during raiding.
Enchants / Gems
- Everyone that’s in the raid with you wants progress/less wipes, make sure your gear is as good as it can be.
We use http://www.askmrrobot.com, http://www.wowhead.com/class-guides, http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides, http://wow-heroes.com, etc. to evaluate your gear, if you’re missing talents/top quality enchants/top quality gems, you may be removed from the raidteam without further notice and 300 EP will be dedacted from your character. The level of enchants and gems we’ll be expecting is best available, no matter how low the level of an item is.
- The guild will provide Cauldrons, Flasks, Potions, Food and Tomes, but you are always expected to have:
- Flasks – a minimum of 3 per raid
- Food 375 – a minimum of 2 stacks per raid
- DPS Potions – a minimum of 50 per raid
- Healing Potions – a minimum of 20 per raid. We may use the warlock healthstones if they are more or equally powerful as the healing potions, but you’re still expected to carry the best available quality potions at all times.
- Tomes – a minimum of 10 per raid
- Have a threat meter installed like Details! – https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/details
- Have a boss mods addon installed like DBM or BigWigs – https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/deadly-boss-mods or https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/big-wigs
- Have ORA3 installed – https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ora3
- EPGP (dkpreloaded) – https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/epgp-dkp-reloaded
- EPGP Lootmaster – https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/epgp_lootmaster
- Exorsus Raid Tools – https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/exorsus-raid-tools
Highly recommend installing the new curse client to keep your addons up to date. If you don’t have the required add-ons fully updated and active during raids may result to your removal from the raid.
Or you can simply download our Addon Pack from curse – https://mods.curse.com/addon-packs/wow/gordian-knot
- Read up on new encounters and know your specific role in the fights. Always check check https://www.youtube.com/user/FatbossTV and https://www.youtube.com/user/SignsOfKelani (or similar guides etc.) before the raid starts. If you have any questions or want a better analysis for tactics prior to the raid, there will always be an officer around during the day, so feel free to poke them at any time in game or on teamspeak/discord.
Main: This is the character you sign with to all the raids and the char you and the guild focuses on when assigning loot. Your main has the benefit of using everything that’s in the guild bank and using the guild repair option.
Alt: An alternative character that you play with when we’re not raiding, this could be a farming character or just a character you enjoy playing.
Note that the guild will not help you gear this char or give away the current mats or enchants that the guild bank has to offer. Leveling materials are available but anything current to the raid tier is reserved for mains.
The only exception to this rule is players with exceptional alts/offspecs who have volunteered their services to the guild raids.
Note that the player does not choose which character to bring and that the player has volunteered to do this. This always needs officers’ approval.
This would only happen if there is a lack of a certain class or role (ie. tank/healer/dps) and the raid cannot start or progress without the use of this alt/offspec or if the raid composition is not good for the encounters we’re facing.
An alt character participating in our main run, after the officers’ approval, will have equal share on loot with other main characters participating in the run. Alts will have to pay for loot, using their own EPGP ratio/points. The raider who’s playing on an alt can choose to get awarded the EP on his alt or on his main character instead, even if he’s playing on his alt. That will of course affect the alt’s EPGP ratio in a negative way. Also, the GP from looting an item will be always gredited to the character that looted it.
- Emerald Nightmare – Currently free to pug on all modes.
- Trials of Valor – Currently free to pug on all modes.
- Nighthold Normal – Currently free to pug.
- Nighthold Heroic – Currently free to pug.
- Nighthold Mythic – Currently free to pug.
- Tomb of Sargeras Normal – Currenlty free to pug.
- Tomb of Sargeras Heroic – Currenlty free to pug, but only from Friday and until the reset.
- Tomb of Sargeras Mythic – Pugging is not allowed in Mythic mode for Trial, Raider, Class Leader and Officer ranks. Failure to comply will result to immediate Raid and Loot Ban and you will be demoted back to the Member rank permanently.
We are using Officers’ Loot Council in combination with EPGP.
In some cases, the Loot Council overrides EPGP, as described below:
- If a tank needs more gear to be able to survive the encounters.
- If our dps doesn’t meet the requirement for enrage timers or similar mechanics, then some of the loot may go to specific dpsers, based on their performance or on how big upgrade is the item we looted compared to the equiped ones.
- If healers can’t keep up with keeping people alive, then we may decide to pass some loot to specific healers, based on their performance or on how big upgrade is the item we looted compared to the equiped ones.
- If someone will benefit from 2-set bonus or 4-set bonus.
- If an item is 15+ levels above the equiped for someone, then we will priotiritize the one with the highest difference on the item level equiped and the item that dropped.
- Loot Council will never override EPGP if the item dropped is “Warforged with a Socket” or “Titanforged” (on current content: Tomb of Sargeras Heroic Mode and Tomb of Sargeras Mythic Mode).
Complaining about the loot distribution to an officer, guild leader or the person who is distributing the loot, is a one way out of the guild.
- 900EP @ 20:00, will be awarded at the start of the raid to everyone that has signed on the raid planner and is on time for the raid. In case you make it late to the raid or you have to go early, the appropriate amount of EP will be deducted from you. The raid duration is 3 hours so if for example you need to leave the raid 1 hour earlier then 300EP will be deducted from the EP that you got awarded at the start. The above applies both on people that raid that night and people on standby.
- 200EP @ 23.00, as a bonus for progress. (amount awarded may be higher, according to difficulty and number of new bosses killed and it will be determined by the Officers and the Raid Leader)
All ranks are eligible for being awarded EP, as long as they are signed as available on our raid planner and present for raids.
Additionally, there will be a 20% decay in EP and GP each week to encourage you to take gear rather than saving up!
Spending EP (Awarding GP):
- When loot drops, you can use the EPGP add-on buttons to specify for what purpose you need an item or to pass.
- The player with the highest PR rate will gain the item and the pre-defined GP’s. (Counts for BiS main spec, Main Spec and Minor upgrade options)
- Priority on distribution is BiS main spec > Main Spec > Minor upgrade
- Items for Off spec and Transmogrification will be given for free, based on the internal EPGP’s roll. If you want an item for Transmogrification, you are expected to give us the shard that would come from disenchanting it.
- Non-important raid items that can drop, like mounts and pets, should go to a raider that has a high attendance. To measure this, you can take the amount of EP a player currently has. If a certain player has 5000 EP and a perfect signup score on the planner (i.e. has signed or cancelled for every raid) he is eligible to roll. If less than 5 players have 5000 EP, then take the highest ranked EP player, reduce it by 25%, and then that is your measurement. http://www.epgpweb.com/help/system.
- BiS – Best in Slot for your mainspec. This will be prioritized over all other options and will cost an extra 20% GP.
- Main Spec – Items you need for your Main Spec. Default GP value for this option.
- Minor Upgrade – Items you need for your Main Spec, but they will not provide you with a large benefit on your performance. In this category, we consider items that have the same item level as the one you have equiped but they come with a socket or an extra stat like speed, leech, avoidance, etc., or items that are up to 5 item levels higher than the one you have equiped. This option will cost 50% of the default value.
- Offspec – This should be used to roll a) For Offspec and b) For a chance to proc a Warforged/Titanforged tier piece. Please note that players that use their Offspec on a regular basis for the benefit of the team will get priority on the loot as a reward for their contribution and flexibility. Items will be given for free. (a shard for our vault will be appreciated from people who get items for Offspec)
- Transmo – Items you need for transmogrification. (a shard for our vault is mandatory when someone gets an item for Trasmo.)
- The required attendance for the Raider rank is at least 70% over the last 6 resets. Dropping below 70% for that period (last 6 resets) will result to immediate demote to member or trial. (based on the raider’s preferance, if he wants to try again or just raid as a casual member)
- The required attendance for the Officer’s and Advisor’s ranks is at least 75% over the last 6 resets. Officers and Advisors who are below the required attendance for their ranks will get 3 warnings to sort their attendance (one every two resets). Warnings will be registered on our attendance page and if their attendance is not sorted within 6 resets, then they will be demoted to raiders or members (based on their current attendance).
- Having two no-shows without notifying us via our raid planner, our forum or our social media, within a period of six (6) resets, will result in a penalty of removing 300 EP from your character.
- If you repeatedly having no-shows, will result in demoting you back to member or trial rank.
- Having connention or pc issues during raids repeatedly may result in demoting you back to member or trial rank.
- We will either use personal loot or master looter with /rolls to distribute the loot. (the decision will be upon the raid leader each time)
- The loot priority rules do not apply. Chances to loot is equal to all ranks.
- No EP will be awarded and no GP will be charged.
- No attendance will be recorded.
- Main who help on the alt runs are highly appreciated.
- As of the 22nd of September 2017, our alt runs are cancelled and will not happen unless announced otherwise.
Notes: By being a member or applying to join Gordian Knot you automatically agree to all of our Rules.
© 2017 Gordian Knot - Want to build a site like this? Email me by clicking here.